Many people are wondering about the UK visitor visa policy since they instigated Brexit. So, the good thing is that now United Kingdom’s immigration system is more straightforward.
Therefore, in 2021, getting a visitor’s visa is easier. However, you need to understand the new process. You can increase your success chances by following the tips we include in this article. Let’s dive in.
Best Features of UK Visitor Visa
Several people from Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh have friends and relatives in Britain. So they want to visit them, but the visa process was quite tough. Luckily, the scenario has been in 2021. Now, you would love to know the new beneficial features as mention below;
- The Visa extension period stretches from 6 months to 10 years.
- It does not require sponsorship from the UK.
- Decision on your visa application within three weeks.
- You will know the reasons if the visa did not approve.
- You can re-apply the visa after purging the previous mistake.
What can you do on a UK Standard Visitor visa?
The UK’s new immigration policy is pretty straightforward. The eligibility and requirements for a visa could slightly vary. It depends on your citizenship or nationality and what you plan to do in the United Kingdom.
For example, you can apply for a six-month visitor visa. Otherwise, a long-term visa that lasts 2-5 or 10 years. Usually, long-term visa is useful for frequent travelers. However, on each visit, you cannot stay over six months. Another important point is the correct name of the visa category. So, before moving further, let’s understand it.
Attributions of the UK visitor visa
The label of a tourist visa for the UK is ‘Standard Visa’. Prominently this visa category covers various purposes for visitors. Such as;
- Tourism: for instance, to explore a place and tourist attractions.
- Tourism: to meet friends and family.
- The medical reason, for instance, to get medical treatment.
- Business activities, like attending a conference or a meeting.
- The study, for example, to do any short course.
- Academic to take part in exchange programs or research activity.
What documents required for a UK visitor visa?
Indeed, before you apply for a visa. You need to understand the eligibility and supporting documents. In fact, for the Britain visas, the criteria all depend on your professional walk of life and nationality. You can see the complete details on the UK immigration website. However, what an applicant needs to do. See the list below;
- Flight Reservation
- Hotel / Accommodation reservation
- Travel Plan
- FRC / Family Registration Certificate
- Tax / Property Documents
- Previous Passports & Travel documents (Travel History)
- Bank Statement (6 Months)
- Proof of Income.
- Valid Passport/confirmation of your legal residence. In case, you are not a national of the country in which you are applying.
- A confirmation letter from company/employer: Containing your job role, salary, date of joining, and contact details of your employers.
- If the applicant is self-employed: Business ownership documents.
- For business people: Proof of business, registration, tax, etc. Chamber of commerce and other registration documents.
What is the cost of a UK visa?
So, an applicant needs to pay the fee for the visa application process. They need to do it online on Gov UK, application portal by debit credit card. You can check out the fee structure on the official website. Also, you can calculate the UK visa cost in your local currency.
How to apply for a UK visitor visa?
Once you are ready, you need to apply for the visa online on the UK visa and immigration official website.
Pay the visa fee online with a credit or debit card. Afterward, you will get a reference number that starts with GWF, notes it down, and tailor your application by uploading required documents.
You need to book an online appointment with the visa application center in your country to give biometric details. You can do it by using your application reference number.
Visit the visa application center to give your photograph and fingerprints also, knows as biometric information. You may submit your passport and documents to the visa application center for processing your visa application.
Decision on your UK visa application
Usually, visa processing takes three weeks the most. Meanwhile, you can track your application online. Once the process is complete, you will get a decision by email. Afterward, you can visit the visa application center to collect your passport and documents.
This blog includes an overview of the UK visitor visa to show you some important points. So, you must go through the official website. Also, follow the complete eligibility criteria. According to many immigration experts. If applicants have genuine proof of their finances. Then Britain’s visas are easy to get.
You can watch the video below to get some bonus tips in Hindi /Urdu;